Planet X Bikes
Selcof 35 Carbon Rim Brake Wheels+ Add to Compare ✔ In Comparison
The Selcof 35 Carbon Rim Wheelset is lightweight, strong, and aerodynamic. A brilliantly versatile upgrade to any road bike. Designed and built to excel from the toughest fast rolling sectors to the highest mountains.
- Tubeless ready and clincher compatible carbon rims / 35mm Deep / 28mm External Width / 21mm Internal Width
- Japanese made Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre rim. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave spoke bed. High heat resistant compound brake track
- High performance forged and CNC machined QR hubs. 6 pawl freehub and 36t ratchet
- Premium Sapim CX-Ray Aero bladed straight pull spokes with UK weatherproof brass nipples
- Weight 1444g
Perhaps the most important upgrade you can make to any road bike. The Selcof 35 Carbon Rim Wheelset is lightweight, strong, and aerodynamic. 35mm rim depth offers perfect versatility. Low weight allows for effortless climbing performance, yet they remain fast and efficient on rolling terrain. The 28mm external wide U-profile rim reduces aerodynamic drag across multi yaw angles, without affecting handling. A wide internal 21mm rim width allows for wider tyres and rounder tyre profiles, resulting in better handling and reduced rolling resistance.
The rims are constructed using only premium Japanese made Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional sidewalls, 3K weave rim bed and spoke eyelets result in an extremely strong, vibration dampening, yet actively responsive wheel. High heat resistant compound brake track disperses heat and prevent reduced braking performance. Tubeless ready out the box, pre fitted with quality tubeless tape and supplied with tubeless valves.
High performance forged and CNC machined straight pull hubs roll incredibly fast and maintain speed with ease. Reduced lateral flex gives optimum power transfer. Precision machining and Japanese quality bearings offer incredible weather sealing and durability. The 6 pawl freehub engages with 36 tooth ratchet hub shell for ultra-fast acceleration, without affecting non pedalling resistance.
Hand built with Premium Sapim CX-Ray Aero bladed straight pull spokes, widely regarded as the best spoke available. Amazingly lightweight with unrivalled fatigue resistance. We only build with Sapim’s premium corrosion proof brass nipples. Accepting a slight weight penalty over aluminium nipples but removing the inherent risks of corrosion prone and more brittle aluminium. Ride with confidence through the winter, and we think you will agree the few additional grams are worth it.
- Material: Toray T700/T800 carbon-fibre. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave bed and spoke areas, High heat resistant compound brake track
- Discipline: Road, Triathlon
- Tyre Type: Clincher & Tubeless Ready
- Rim Width: 21mm internal / 28mm External
- Rim Profile: 35mm
- Braking System: Rim
- Tyre Width: 25 to 50mm tyres (25mm optimum aero)
- Max PSI: 25-28mm - 100psi / 30-34mm - 70psi / 35-50mm - 45psi
- Front Axle Compatibility: Quick release 100mm front
- Rear Axle Compatibility: Quick release 130mm rear
- Bearing: Japanese sealed Bearing
- Front Wheel Spokes: 20
- Rear Wheel Spokes: 24
- Front Hub: Japanese sealed Bearing
- Rear Hub: 4 pawl freehubs with 36t ratchet
- Spokes: Sapim CX Ray aero bladed straight pull spokes
- Spoke Nipples: Brass
- Tubeless: Tubeless ready, tape pre fitted.
- Weight: Front:633g / Rear: 811g
- Weight Limit: 110kg
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Speed: Shimano11/12 Speed / SRAM 11 Speed (Available to buy separately SRAM XDR 12 Speed)
- Rim Brake Extras: Includes: Spare spoke set, tubeless valves, Carbon specific brake pads, Cam lock quick release skewers