Planet X Bikes
Selcof 55 Carbon Rim Brake Wheels+ Add to Compare ✔ In Comparison
The Selcof 55 Carbon Rim Wheelset is aerodynamic, strong, and lightweight. Designed and built for speed. From the crit sprint to flat out pacelines. Its low weight proves its versatility even on the toughest rolling hills
- Tubeless ready and clincher compatible carbon rims / 55mm Deep / 28mm External Width / 21mm Internal Width
- Japanese made Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre rim. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave spoke bed. High heat resistant compound brake track
- High performance forged and CNC machined QR hubs. 6 pawl freehub and 36t ratchet
- Premium Sapim CX-Ray Aero bladed straight pull spokes with UK weatherproof brass nipples
- Weight 1534g
Perhaps the most important speed upgrade you can make to any modern road bike. The Selcof 55 Carbon Rim Wheelset is aerodynamic, strong, and lightweight. 55mm rim depth offers high speed, watt saving versatility. The deep section 28mm external wide U-profile rim massively reduces aerodynamic drag across multi yaw angles, whilst minimising crosswind feedback. Lightweight for effortless climbing performance. A wide internal 21mm rim width allows for wider tyres and rounder tyre profiles, resulting in better handling and reduced rolling resistance.
The rims are constructed using only premium Japanese made Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional sidewalls, 3K weave rim bed and spoke eyelets result in an extremely strong, vibration dampening, yet actively responsive wheel. High heat resistant compound brake track disperses heat and prevent reduced braking performance. Tubeless ready out the box, pre fitted with quality tubeless tape and supplied with tubeless valves.
High performance forged and CNC machined straight pull hubs roll incredibly fast and maintain speed with ease. Reduced lateral flex gives optimum power transfer. Precision machining and Japanese quality bearings offer incredible weather sealing and durability. The 6 pawl freehub engages with 36 tooth ratchet hub shell for ultra-fast acceleration, without affecting non pedalling resistance.
Hand built with Premium Sapim CX-Ray Aero bladed straight pull spokes, widely regarded as the best spoke available. Amazingly lightweight with unrivalled fatigue resistance. We only build with Sapim’s premium corrosion proof brass nipples. Accepting a slight weight penalty over aluminium nipples but removing the inherent risks of corrosion prone and more brittle aluminium. Ride with confidence through the winter, and we think you will agree the few additional grams are worth it.
- Material: Toray T700/T800 carbon-fibre. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave bed and spoke areas, High heat resistant compound brake track
- Discipline: Road, Triathlon
- Tyre Type: Clincher & Tubeless Ready
- Rim Width: 21mm internal / 28mm External
- Rim Profile: 55mm
- Braking System: Rim
- Tyre Width: 25 to 50mm tyres (25mm optimum aero)
- Max PSI: 25-28mm - 100psi / 30-34mm - 70psi / 35-50mm - 45psi
- Front Axle Compatibility: Quick release 100mm front
- Rear Axle Compatibility: Quick release 130mm rear
- Bearing: Japanese sealed Bearing
- Front Wheel Spokes: 20
- Rear Wheel Spokes: 24
- Front Hub: Japanese sealed Bearing
- Rear Hub: 4 pawl freehubs with 36t ratchet
- Spokes: Sapim CX Ray aero bladed straight pull spokes
- Spoke Nipples: Brass
- Tubeless: Tubeless ready, tape pre fitted.
- Weight: Front:683g / Rear: 851g
- Weight Limit: 110kg
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Speed: Shimano11/12 Speed / SRAM 11 Speed (Available to buy separately SRAM XDR 12 Speed)
- Rim Brake Extras: Includes: Spare spoke set, tubeless valves, Carbon specific brake pads, Cam lock quick release skewers